Expected behavior when replacing single disk with single parity

I've been running a single disk array with a SSD mostly hosting docker containers. I am looking to consolidate the several nas's i have into a single unraid array. Starting this, I added a new drive as a parity to the single drive array and let it sync. I now want to swap the SSD out of the array with a mechanical drive and then eventually use the SSD as a cache drive.

To my understanding since i have the parity, i can remove the SSD and replace it with a mechanical drive and the parity will sync the data to the new drive.

Please let me know if this is incorrect.

During the data sync to the mechanical drive that replaced the SSD, is the array accessible since the parity should be able to serve the data during the rebuild?

Edited by Spikerman

Thanks Jonathanm, that is what i figured.

There is not much disk usage for whats running in docker. the other nas's i have connected through unassigned devices plugin have the most usage. I'll Check my reads/writes on my drive before i make the change just to make sure.

Overall its only 130ish gigs of data that doesnt change much.