[SOLVED] HDDs are seen by system and Unraid, but not available to add?

Hi everyone,

I have bought some new to me enterprise drives to upgrade my array.  They are not showing up as Unassigned Devices, but they do show up in System Devices.  I'm thinking I probably need to format them or something similar.  Any ideas on what I need to do to get them to show up as usable to Unraid?

Brandon

Edited by OrangePeel

Officially and completely resolved.  I used this post specifically:  

To guide me through installing the utility and formatting the drives, for anyone who comes along and finds this later.

Also, I did 4 drives at once.  The first three I started in the web based terminal.  These keep going even if closed.  The 4th one I did on the server console itself so I could see the progress.  It's pretty easy to see if the drives are being formatted or not if you have disk activity lights, but I also could go by the 4th one which stayed open and I could see the progress.  Took a while!

Now I've replaced my parity disk and it's rebuilding.  Gotta upgrade every HDD I have, plus add an extra one.  

Brandon