iSCSI configuration - I can connect to the flash drive, but not shares

Maybe you can explain in more detail what your issues are and some of the very experienced Mac users/unRAID users can offer alternative suggestions.

Okay, so stepping back and looking at the actual issues I was hoping to resolve with iSCSI:

iTunes can't complete a 'consolidate' library operation - it gets going, and then reports a required file cannot be found.

I'm running it now, consolidating from the unRAID to a local disk, and it's going fine.

The trouble with Aperture is that it doesn't recognise the unRAID volume is the same volume every time. I have the library on a local disk, with referenced masters on unRAID. Most of the time this is fine, but if I start Aperture with the unRAID volume connected, it declares the masters offline (fine) but then won't recconnect the masters when the volume is online again (with or without a restart of Aperture) I have to manually point out where they've 'moved' to. It takes it quite a long time to process all the photo locations again.

I think the problem is related to some volume ID. Interestingly, I recently noticed that when I run df on the mac, the AFP filesystem has a changing value:

afp_00yVhe00yVhe00yVhe00yVhe-1.2e000007 4883653136 3762084144 1121568992    78%    /Volumes/matthew

The 000007 number increments after each connection.