[SOLVED] btfs vs xfs

since i will be redoing my server over the weekend and have moved all my data off this server (took ages) is their a speed advantage to btfs over xfs or should i just stay on xfs. i know ill be gaining and loosing some features but as this is just a media server and secondary office backup machine data safty is not a huge deal looking for faster party checks and network speeds.

Edited by nicksphone
missed some info

Parity checks are not affected by file system type as they have no idea what file systems are in use.     In terms of file access it is unlikely that you would notice any difference.   XFS may be more ‘crash resistant’ and less likely to file system corruption than BTRFS but that is about the only difference.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

Parity checks are not affected by file system type as they have no idea what file systems are in use.     In terms of file access it is unlikely that you would notice any difference.   XFS may be more ‘crash resistant’ and less likely to file system corruption than BTRFS but that is about the only difference.

ok so no speed difference then ok thanks

• nicksphone changed the title to [SOLVED] btfs vs xfs