problem with growing files on the disk array

@christopher2007 Did you already tried to give your server a fixed IP adress (outside of dhcp range of course)? Right now it is set to use DHCP and maybe you have a device on your network with that same IP already in use or with the same IP set as static. That could be a reason why the connection gets dropped. Just an idea. Even if I don't think DHCP is the issue here it's worth a try. If you have any IP address conficts you should see it in your router/dhcp-server logs.

Here another thread where "carrier lost" is logged very often but in a bonding nic scenario with dhcp. Static IP in this case was the solution.

I found a couple other reports on the web. One example an RasberryPI dropping lan connection with similar error logs caused by an underpowered power supply. Can you check how many watts your server is pulling from the wall and check your PSU. I guess the PSU is strong enough but maybe check if all the cabling is ok. Some boards have an extra 4 or 6 pin connector which is needed if you have lots of PCIE slots and all are populated with devices like GPUs which can pull so much power, that the standard 4/8pin 12v power delivery can become unstable.

Maybe try the card in another PCIE slot in case the slot is shared with other devices. Maybe the slot the card is used with has issues. Who knows.

Do you ever had any instabilities with your server? Overclocked? memory XMP profile? Cooling ok?

Could also be a configuration on the switch/router to limit the amount of MAC addresses allowed on a single port that causes the dropout

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17564620/what-will-make-carrier-changed-or-lost-on-linux

• Like 1