EFI switch from qcow2 to img

Hello, I am trying to migrate from my bare metal Hackintosh to UnRaid VM Hackintosh and I've started with MacInABox, where EFI is located at Clover.qcow2, I am unable to mount this drive, so I was wondering if is it possible to switch form *.qcow2 to *.img. Of course I've tried that, but I was unable to boot and ended up with shell screen.

My goal is to boot pro *.img which I can mount in my macbook and modify EFI, so I can tweek system little bit quicker then constantly starting Catalina VM and turning it off.

Thank you.

You can have a look at this post, there are instructions about how to mount a qcow2 image in unraid (Enable NBD on the host and connect the qcow2 image as a network block device, Create a folder for the mount point, Mount the EFI partition, [...make modifications...] Unmount the EFI partition, Disconnect nbd0) and also the whole process to create a qcow2 image.

If you are able to boot you can also make modifications by mounting the efi folder with terminal or opencore configurator or clover configurator and you will modify the qcow2 image you are actually using "on the fly".

Note that you cannot mount the qcow2 or any other image if it is used by the vm.

If you want an img file have a look at the "qemu-img create" command to create a new image, then you need to format it properly as EFI, mount both images and copy files from mounted qcow2 to mounted img.

If you want to convert qcow2 to img have a look at the "qemu-img convert" command (I never tried, so I'm not sure how it will behave with an EFI image).
https://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/convert-images.html