[SOLVED] Re-establish valid boot device

After updating from 6.3.2 to the latest version I lost my cache drive and dockers. The cache drive contains all my backup files. I wanted to revert back to the previous version but not having access to the cache drive, that would not be possible. I then remembered I had some additional backups on my computer and thought this might be my ticket to getting access to my cache drive files. I deleted all items from the boot USB device (pro License) to which I then copied an older version of unRaid. Here is where I made a mistake. The files were copied accidentally to the System Volume Directory, and now, I am unable to delete them using Windows Explorer. To get around this dilemma I thought I would reformat and re-register the boot device, but It has been several years since I have done this and I don't remember how this was done. I downloaded the USB Creator program which had instructions for a 30 day free trial.

I have two questions: 1) why am I unable to delete the system files from the System Volume directory? 2) How do I fix my USB boot device to bypass the 30 day free trial?

Edited by Two Wire

That is correct. Before I updated to the current stable version I backed up my flash to the cache drive.  After the update I noticed I could no longer see the cache drive. As I mentioned earlier I found an older backup in another location and copied it by mistake to the System Volume directory.

Since the last post I have re-formated the flash drive and copied, once again, an older version to the flash. Now, when I start the server I get a "No valid boot device found."  My three boot options from the bios are 1) AHCI PO WDC WD20... 2) USB Sandisk 3) UEFI USB Sandisk. I have actually tried all three with the UEFI USB Sandisk option being the one I think I should use. I guess what I need to do now is to make the flash a bootable device. I thought just copying the flash files to the re-formated disk would do the trick. What do I need to do now?