Does unRaid automatically forward docker requests to new HDD's?

Hi,

In my server I have two 10tb HDD's, with no parity.

As my first HDD is now 50% full, unraid is automatically moving files (downloads and permanently stored media) to the second HDD. Emby is running fine and the media is being picked up by it however I'm a little unsure as to how? Is unraid managing to forward the relevant requests from each docker to the new paths automatically without the individual Dockers needing additional paths mapped to the second HDD? 

My usual media is stored in;
/mnt/disk1/media/Movies

And Emby, Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr only have the above mapped path, however Emby is finding the media ok in;
/mnt/disk2/media/Movies

Lastly, this also applies to the download mapped path for Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr being;
/mnt/user/downloads/

However downloads are now being stored on the second HDD;
/mnt/disk2/downloads

Hope this all makes sense and I'm sure I'm overlooking an obvious Linux operation, however please bear with me as I come from a Windows background. 😁

Thanks. 

Edited by LoneTraveler
12 minutes ago, LoneTraveler said:

unraid is automatically moving files (downloads and permanently stored media) to the second HDD.

Unraid does not automatically move files between array disks. Perhaps you mean it is writing new files to the second HDD.

13 minutes ago, LoneTraveler said:

My usual media is stored in;
/mnt/disk1/media/Movies

This is part of the user share "media"

14 minutes ago, LoneTraveler said:

Emby is finding the media ok in;
/mnt/disk2/media/Movies

And this is also part of the user share "media".

Lastly, this also applies to the download mapped path for Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr being;
/mnt/user/downloads/

This is the user share "downloads".

However downloads are now being stored on the second HDD;
/mnt/disk2/downloads

And this is part of the user share "downloads".

The user shares are simply the aggregated top level folders on cache and array disks. For example, any top level folder named "media" on any cache or array disk are in the user share "media".

But you say

20 minutes ago, LoneTraveler said:

/mnt/disk1/media/Movies

And Emby, Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr only have the above mapped path

If that is indeed what you have for the host path, I don't know why you would want to do it that way. Post your docker run command for any of these as explained at this very first link in the Docker FAQ:

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

Many thanks for your detailed reply. 

Looking back over what I had written, I have made two errors (apologies, it's been a long day). 

You are correct, I did mean to write that new files are being written to the second HDD not moved, your explanation has cleared that up for me. Thank you. 

Secondly, I have just double checked each docker and they all point to; /mnt/user/downloads not /mntmnt/disk1/media/Movies

I will have a read through the above link, looks like a lot of useful information. 

Thanks again.