Errors during disc rebuild

Hi,

I did some reading through other similar posts, but I can't quite figure out what is wrong. I went to upgrade one of my data drives from 4TB to 8TB (just increasing the space, not because of failure). Parity drive is 8TB. I have never had a drive error or issue before, looked at how the upgrade was going and now I am facing (72% done rebuild):

Errors

- Parity drive shows 10,000,000 reads, 196 writes, and 69,000,000 errors?

- Disc 1 shows 10,000,000 reads, 16 writes, and 69,000,000 errors?

- Disc 2 shows 10,000,000 reads, 42 writes, and 69,000,000 errors?

- Disc 3, Disc 4 (data build disc) and Disc 5 all have zero errors. All are showing green on the left side status

Smart Check Unavailable

- I tried running a SMART report on Drive 1 or Drive 2, but it won't load any, and down in attributes says "A mandatory smart command failed". I tried changing the SMART notification value to raw and then back to default based on other threads but no luck

I have the parity check paused, whats my best course of action? Finish it, reboot and see what errors show up? Finish and swap out new parity, disc 1 and disc 2 drives? Abort and put original Disc 4 back in? Is my parity corrupted and overwriting other good data on my drives?

*I should note, rebuild process had no errors at the 50% mark when I checked, only started providing errors recently.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.30.18 PM.png

This is a fairly typical problem with the SATA controller on Ryzen boards, there are reports that updating to the latest beta helps due to the much newer kernel, disabling IOMMU should also help if it's not needed.

1 hour ago, dwilliams said:

I ended up completing the parity build since it was at 70%

That's OK but note that the rebuilt disk will be corrupt once the errors started.