[Solved] Kernel Panic on New Install?!

jazbo8

My USB drive failed last night so I had to replace it with a new one, I managed to recover the data off it and copied its CONFIG folder. I then used unRaid USB Creator to make a new drive, copied the CONFIG folder over, but upon boot up, I got the following kernel panic screen, which BTW, has never happened before. What is the procedure to discover what went wrong and how would I go about getting unRaid up and running again?

TIA,

jazimageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

IMG20200902094242.jpg

Edited by jazbo8

Thanks, I tried another drive but same result, both drives were un-branded, cheapo ones, perhaps I need to get better quality ones. The one that worked for years was the Kingston Datatraveler (2G). Anything else worth trying before I order some new USB sticks?

Edited by jazbo8

Just an update, I managed to get the new drive to work AFTER I took everything apart and give it a good cleaning - the chassis was full of dust after years of neglect... I then re-seated all the cables, and the DRAM - fire it back up, and it boots properly into the new unRaid OS (6.8.3). So now I can replace and install the key to the new USB drive - that should be it. Whew, it had me worried for awhile.

Thanks again for your assistance.