Disabled disk - loss of shares

Maenda

Yesterday one of the disks in our array was marked as disabled. Not sure why as the S.M.A.R.T. report was ok.
The disk functioned as emulated but i lost all shares to the Proxmox machines and crashed.

Today the system started rebuilding the disk.

Why are i'm loosing the shares when it crashes? Is this normal behavior? 

After reboot syslog resets, but syslog is only one of many useful things in diagnostics. And even syslog after reboot will have anything that is currently happening. It just won't have anything that happened before reboot.

So

56 minutes ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools-diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread. 

Rebuild of disk1 already completed when diagnostics were taken

Sep 10 09:13:36 ur1-meppel kernel: md: recovery thread: recon D1 ...
Sep 10 14:04:45 ur1-meppel kernel: md: sync done. time=17469sec
Sep 10 14:04:45 ur1-meppel kernel: md: recovery thread: exit status: 0

And you are having connection issues on cache

Sep 10 09:09:17 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1.00: ATA-10: KINGSTON SA400S37120G, 50026B77834CF063, SBFKB1E2, max UDMA/133
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1.00: failed command: FLUSH CACHE
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1.00: cmd e7/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/a0 tag 30
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel:         res 40/00:01:01:4f:c2/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Sep 10 09:25:12 ur1-meppel kernel: ata1: hard resetting link
5 hours ago, Maenda said:

lost all shares to the Proxmox machines

Don't know anything about Proxmox. Are you referring here to Unraid User Shares? User Share names are anonymized in Diagnostics (take a look for yourself to see what I mean). You have a number of shares all beginning with p and ending with s, and there are share .cfg files 2 shares that don't exist, one beginning in p and ending in s, and another beginning in c and ending in r.

Looks like most of your disks are empty or nearly so. Did you format any of them recently, perhaps because they were unmountable?

Since user shares appear to be working normally and the disk is emulated, it seems like Unraid is working correctly.

But you didn't answer my questions, most especially this part

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Looks like most of your disks are empty or nearly so. Did you format any of them recently, perhaps because they were unmountable?

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Since user shares appear to be working normally and the disk is emulated, it seems like Unraid is working correctly.

But you didn't answer my questions, most especially this part

Sorry, well i removed indeed most of the stored items because i want to investigate before we put more on it and it. happens again.
After rebooting Unraid the shares where back and the disk started rebuilding.

What i'm afraid of, is why the shares where unreachable while the disk was inactive. I really get the feeling the cache disk is the culprit as this one puts the data on that disk