Unraid 6.8.3 windws 10 Vm constantly crashing

freddy 05

tower-diagnostics-20200912-1613.zip 

This windows 10 Vm was running fine for about 7-8 months, then 2 weeks ago i had problems booting it but i didnt have time to check for it, and it wasnt crucial. but now i tried diagnosing it by myself and I cant get it to work. :(

There are 2 types of problems i encounter when booting. i dont know what to do about them. maybe you can help me, so i can get the Vm up and running again. 

The Logs

Vm Debugging stuff.txt

To make it easyer here are some things i noticed by myself 

when the vm was still runing it had sometimes problems getting the windows updates finished, but i cant roll back to the last version 

the Vm also just freezes during boot or in the Lock screen, i couldnt get into windows since i encountered the Problems. 

Vnc works just fine, vnc shouldnt be the problem, but it`s possible 

a few days before i encountered the Problems i tried and suceedet loading wsl2 and some other stuff, but the freeze even hapens before the bios schreen sometimes

I alrready checked my cache Drive, and ther is enough free space

Thanks in advance 

Your logs have a lot of mover stuff in them, maybe you will want to disable that eventually. But I noticed it is moving vdisks. You probably don't want that. domains share should be cache-only or prefer for best performance, or cache-no if you don't care about that and don't care that your array disks stay spunup.

Same for appdata and system shares. appdata, domains, system shares are cache-prefer by default but you have changed them. You want these on cache and configured to stay on cache so they won't be impacted by slower parity and so they won't keep disks spinning.

Also your docker.img is 150G. Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough and making it larger won't fix anything. I have 17 dockers and they are taking less than half of 20G.

Having said all that, that is all just general advice. I don't actually run any Windows VMs.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Your logs have a lot of mover stuff in them, maybe you will want to disable that eventually. But I noticed it is moving vdisks. You probably don't want that. domains share should be cache-only or prefer for best performance, or cache-no if you don't care about that and don't care that your array disks stay spunup.

Same for appdata and system shares. appdata, domains, system shares are cache-prefer by default but you have changed them. You want these on cache and configured to stay on cache so they won't be impacted by slower parity and so they won't keep disks spinning.

Also your docker.img is 150G. Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough and making it larger won't fix anything. I have 17 dockers and they are taking less than half of 20G.

Having said all that, that is all just general advice. I don't actually run any Windows VMs.

yeah, the Mover stuff, that was me i wasnt sure if maybe not al of the data blocks are found, because they were on differents disks or so... just trying to get it to work somehow, so i can manually back some things up and dont have to download the entire vdisk

about the disk sizes thanks for the advice, i set it up when i was quite new and didnt have any experience, so i just tried things and i never thought about that again, because as you know, "never change a running system", but i`m gonna try to follow your advices, Thanks!