SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B Dust Filter?

BlackCat

I would just goto home depot and get some dust filters and make your own. They are cheap as heck too. Even some of that material on the forced hot air heater filters would work good. Traps just about everything and lets all the air through. I haven't setup my complete server yet but I do plan on using some kind of filters on my 5in3's cages.

I would just goto home depot and get some dust filters and make your own. They are cheap as heck too. Even some of that material on the forced hot air heater filters would work good. Traps just about everything and lets all the air through. I haven't setup my complete server yet but I do plan on using some kind of filters on my 5in3's cages.

Thanks for the suggestion. Where is the dust filter material in home depot? I had looked for it before but just got the run around at the store.

The best thing you can do to keep dust out of your server is to keep it off the floor.  Getting it even one or two feet off the ground will mitigate dust build up dramatically.  I generally only clean out my server every 6 months or so, and I've got no dust filters at all.

Thanks for the advice. It is up off the floor on the coffee table/tv stand, but I'm still getting quit a bit of dust. I have to clean the filters I have in the front and back of the case about every two weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion. Where is the dust filter material in home depot? I had looked for it before but just got the run around at the store.

They usually have large sheets of nice filter material in the isle where they have furnace filters. If you can find them or your particular home depot doesn't have them buy the best large furnace filter you can buy then use that material inside the filter. Hey, it's all suppose to do one thing. Block dust from going through it.

They usually have large sheets of nice filter material in the isle where they have furnace filters. If you can find them or your particular home depot doesn't have them buy the best large furnace filter you can buy then use that material inside the filter. Hey, it's all suppose to do one thing. Block dust from going through it.

Thanks :), I'll have to take another look, hopefully this weekend.