2 disks disabled

Hi,

Sorta newbie here and hoping one of you guys can advise me. Recently I swapped out the mother board and all was fine then I added a new controller and added some drives, a 2nd parity and a 8TB and a couple of small disks i had knocking around and all was fine but I think i had a power outage and now 2 of the original disks have stopped working. I've tried re-seating power and sata cables but no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

tower-diagnostics-20201003-1952.zip

48 minutes ago, Markqwert said:

2 of the original disks have stopped working

Are you referring to the fact that parity and disk1 are disabled? They are being emulated until rebuilt. Looks like emulated disk1 is mounted so that's good, and since you have dual parity you can rebuild both.

Since you rebooted nothing in syslog from when the problem occurred.

No amount of messing with the hardware will re-enable a disk.

I didnt think they were on that controller card but will check and gather diagnostics before I reboot. if the problem persists what 8 port card would you recommend? Are my Motherboard SATA controllers ok?

"The ASRock P67 Extreme6 is a high-end ATX P67-based motherboard similar to the ASRock P67 Extreme4. The main differences between the Extreme6 and Extreme4 are USB 3.0 and SATA3 ports/connectors--the Extreme6 boasts four rear USB 3.0 ports while the Extreme4 sports two and offers six total SATA3 connectors versus the Extreme4's four."

Seems there is a Marvell controller on the board itself. Might be what JorgeB is referring to.

Connector

- 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Rapid Storage), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Rapid Storage), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions
- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Marvell SE9120, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions (SATA3_M4 connector is shared with eSATA3 port)