crash-Webui partly showing, samba/nfs not avilable..

shanix

So the last couple of days (maybe one week) my unraid server "crashes" during the night/morning.. no network shares are available either. After a reboot, everything seemingly works as its supposed to. I cant figure out what causes it. I have tried to describe what happens below:
the webui only displays the "Header" with main menu buttons, but not any actual content in the main part ( if that makes sense)
I can access the terminal from the webui (only terminal and logout buttons are available on the right edge of the header)
I can run diagnostics, and it reports that the fille was created in /boot/....... but when i check the usb, the new file is not there...
I can only get the diagnostics file from when the server is rebooted in a seemingly healthy state.
The attached diagnostic is after a reboot, hope it may provide some insight...
Chkdsk of the usb-drive on a windows reports no errors...

Any, help would be greatly appreciated tower-diagnostics-20201022-1700.zip:)

27 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That sounds like a flash drive dropping issue, since you're using a USB 3.0 port and those are not recommended try a 2.0 one, you can also do this, and if it happens again post that log.

I'm using the motherboard of an old optiplex 7010, there is no USB3.0 ports on that thing..
I will try the syslog server!

1 minute ago, shanix said:

there is no USB3.0

Yes, you're right of course, my bad, only looked at the driver and that driver can be used for USB 3.0 but also 2.0 on older boards, you can still try the other USB controller controller, it uses a different driver, though any Intel USB 2.0 port usually works OK.

Just wanted to report back and say there have been no issues after moving the flash drive from the back motherboard ports to the front panel usb port.
Thanks a lot for the speedy help!!!
Any idea if the IRQ16 issue could be controller/hub or single port issue?

• Like 1