High CPU Usage & Other Oddness

DDock

I have been having an odd issue I've noticed from time to time. My CPU will just go crazy. Looking into it it seems the process that is repeated many times is "/usr/bin/sha256sum -b /mnt/.....". The file that is being crunched on is a file being downloaded by my binhex-qbittorrentvpn docker. If I stop / restart the docker this process still does not go away. I am wondering if it might be dealing with the File Integrity plugin I have. I added the share to File Integrity's ignore list but it is still crunching away on the files. I plan on doing some work to my server this weekend, so at this point I have not restarted since I made the changes to the File Integrity plugin, but wanted to get so input.

A second thing I found while trying to track this down was this error in the syslog and want to make sure it isn't something I should be concerned with. I haven't had issues with USB, but I don't really use the USB on the server. My DNS update script ran between these entries which is set to run every 5 minutes to update the IP for my domain. This repeats regularly though the log.

Oct 23 04:44:02 Tower kernel: usb 2-5: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 170 TIMES] ###

Oct 23 04:49:02 Tower kernel: usb 2-5: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 149 TIMES] ###

image.png.b09cd37c979ed77c507908f9f6d552cf.png

tower-diagnostics-20201023-0955.zip

• 3 months later...