Add hub.docker credentials

Agree with the feature request, but I don't think it will impact many users, yet.

Rate limit kicks in at 100 pulls in a 6 hour period, however I could see a future where they would require all users to authenticate to pull images.

If anyone hits this in the meantime, should be easy to setup a docker login script to run on array start.

Edited by tjb_altf4

I hit this limit yesterday in part because I had my "pre-unraid" Docker Server running and also had watchtower running  and was perhaps a little blase-fair with how I had configured things to update.

10 containers checking every 5 minutes for updates = 120/hr.

I suspect that if people have updates checks setup aggressively that it may impact more people than we think.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Gonzo-the-great said:

perhaps a little blase-fair with how I had configured things to update.

10 containers checking every 5 minutes for updates = 120/hr.

Just a tad ;)   Maximum update check rate that Unraid supports is every 6 hours, so it would take 50 containers installed all with an update available and installed to any normal user to hit the threshold.  But, that's not to say that easily supporting login credentials for dockerHub isn't being investigated.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, tjb_altf4 said:

If anyone hits this in the meantime, should be easy to setup a docker login script to run on array start.

docker login sets the credentials for v1 API.  IE: it only takes effect on actual usage from the command line.  Unraid uses the v2 API.  Unraid 6.9 beta30+ supports credentials on v2 via scripting to change two lines of code.

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...