disk failed

my setup is 

parity 4tb

disk 1 2tb

disk 2 2tb

disk 3 4tb

disk 4 4tb failed

atm i am running disk 4 off the parity drive until i get new hdd

i want to increase the size of the drives which needs the parity drive to be increased

can i add another drive to parity (8tb) so i have the 4tb parity and 8tb parity at the same time then swap the failed drive for a 8tb and then rebuild disk 4 which would be the new 8tb?

i would copy the files from disk 4 to the other drives and then just add the 2 new 8tb drives to the array but dont have enough space left on the other drive

if i can not do that is there another way to sort this out

parity 8tb new drive

disk 1 2tb

disk 2 4tb old parity

disk 3 4tb

disk 4 8tb new drive

this is what i would like it to end up looking like after all the swapping and rebuilding, i know i will have to rebuild twice at a min to retain the info

I'm an UnRaid newbie as well, so best wait for someone else to post before following any of my advice.

Adding a second 8TB parity drive is not going to buy you anything, except a dual redundant 4TB array.  (Smallest of the parity drives)

I think a logical course of action might be to rebuild disk 4 with an 8TB disk to get you back into safe territory.  And then replace your 4TB parity drive with an 8TB drive to expand your storage space.

What I don't know is if you can just rebuild the 4TB parity drive with an 8TB.  Or, if you may need to perform a New Config with the 8TB parity drive.

@trurl its a 4 year old hdd with smart errors and unraid can not spin it up any more and im low on space there all running 90% full which i know is not good.

@Greggy i thought you can not have a drive larger than the parity in the array or is that just for the parity to work, as for having the 8tb parity just show up as a 4tb so i can move that drive to disk 4 to rebuild it then i can rebuild the 8tb parity drive again and then swap a 2tb for the other 8tb and rebuild.

As mentioned, Parity Swap may be the way forward. Maybe even if the disk isn't really bad since that is a way to go just so you can begin to increase capacity. Doesn't really get you any more capacity immediately since it gives you 8TB parity and 4TB parity replaces 4TB disk4, but with 8TB parity you can later replace disks with disks up to 8TB.

I see you already found the wiki on Parity Swap, but before recommending you go ahead with that, it might be useful to check other things to see if there is anything that could cause problems while doing that. Diagnostics might tell.