Clean Install

chris7r

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered, my searching skills are just not working today.

I have made a mess up of my unraid install, it was my first time using the OS and I installed so much stuff on here that it's really cluttered. Thanks to just using it as a testbed to see what works for me and what doesn't. But now I have installed some new hardware and things are just acting weird so I figured probably a good idea to start off with a fresh install and get the stuff I know I use back on and all the rest not to bother with.

One quick question. 

I have stuff like Sonarr and Radarr and I really dont want to lose what I have configured inside of them. Same for things like plex. How easy is it to copy just the config files for those dockers so when I setup a new install of unraid I can have my old settings back in place(im kind of noob at this)? I really dont feel like adding all the series and movies again :D

Thanks

Edited by chris7r
  • 4 months later...

I'm interested in this as well. I want to use a newer and physically smaller USB for the UnraidOS and start from the default state. It's been a year since I started using Unraid and I feel like I've done many things inefficiently. And I don't trust myself to "just remove whatever you don't want" because I will probably miss something.

You can keep your flash drive, which will keep your license instead of having to transfer it to a new flash, and keep your disk assignments (and data) and start over with everything else.

Just backup flash, recreate as a new install. Then copy from backup to new install,  1) config/*.key (your license) and 2) config/super.dat (your disk assignments).