Looking for Advice for Upgrading Multiple Drives

Hi there,

I have purchased a new drive for my cache drive as well as a new data drive. The data drive will be used to replace my smallest data drive. In the past, I've replaced a data drive, but never my cache drive and certainly not two drives "at once"- To that end, should i replace the cache drive then the data drive or the other way around? Similarly, is there away to replace both concurrently or do i have to do one at a time?

Lastly, I intend to follow this guide: https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive and watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8AOEF1pTU Are these guides still the best to follow?

20 hours ago, helpermonkey said:

adding an 8TB data drive to replace a 2TB data drive

I prefer to reserve the word ADD for assigning a disk to a new slot. 

Do the replace / rebuild of the data drive and when that completes you can do cache. 

Be very careful about all connections including those on disks you aren't changing. That is the most frequent cause of rebuild problems.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

I prefer to reserve the word ADD for assigning a disk to a new slot. 

Do the replace / rebuild of the data drive and when that completes you can do cache. 

Be very careful about all connections including those on disks you aren't changing. That is the most frequent cause of rebuild problems.

roger that - out of curiosity - when you say "be careful about all the connections" is there something else to do other than to re-enable docker and stuff like that which get disabled during the process?