Network Doesn't Always Come Up at Boot

rangusT

I've been battling with an issue where the network on my unraid box intermittently comes up at boot. I can't seem to find any commands that will bring up the eth0 via terminal. Only rebooting and crossing my fingers seems to work.

I believed the issue to be my onboard nics had failed. I installed an Intel  pcie nic and that worked well for a couple of months. I rebooted the server today and the box was isolated. I logged in via the bmc which always keeps its connection. My syslog is littered with firmware errors related to one of the cards. I'm not sure if that's the onboard or pci card.

A while back I attempted to update the firmware on the onboard nic but was unable to due to the version of the efi shell being too old to work with Intel's utilities.

I have also rebuilt my unraid install from scratch. This started happening on a previous stable build. I moved over to beta builds to see if that helped but it's still exhibiting this issue.

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

Edited by rangusT