Does unRAID support folder/dataset compressing, deduplicate and folder replicate?

rampage

Hi,

Does unRAID support folder/dataset compressing so the files can be stored with fast compressing method and can be read anytime and decompressing on the fly?

It might be worth it while storing miliions of small files. 

Does unRAID support deduplicate with the btrfs file system?

Does the system or any app do folder replicate? I wish to have a folde replicated on to a different harddisk or array, to be on the safer side incase one of the drive died and the parity can not repair it. 

Unfortunately the answer to all 3 of your questions is, no unRAID does not support this feature natively.  

5 hours ago, rampage said:

Does unRAID support deduplicate with the btrfs file system?

Though to my knowledge unRAID does not make use of deduplication in BTRFS, it also doesnt do anything to prevent it. That is to say Copy on Write semantics still work on individual BTRFS file systems in unRAID. I have some scripts that perform copies with --reflink=always to force this behavior. 

5 hours ago, rampage said:

Does the system or any app do folder replicate? 

Thought not offered natively, if you search the forums you will find several community members who have achieved similar functionality with scripts and/or plugins.