• 6.12.0-rc6 - Share "Deleted"

XtremeOwnage
    • Solved Minor

Had a share named temp. 

Main storage was zfs pool, named "cache".

Secondary storage, was the main unraid array.

Set the secondary storage to "none", and clicked saved.

Instead, of expected confirmation, received popup message saying share was deleted.

Found broken symlink under /mnt/user for temp, pointing to non-existent directory /mnt/cache/temp.

What I believe happened here-

There were no files on the "cache" pool. The ZFS dataset didn't even exist yet, as I had not written anything to it.

There were, however files on the unraid array.

So, when I remove the secondary storage, there was "nothing", hence the confusing message. However, the files still do exist on /mnt/disk1/temp, as I would expect.

TLDR / To Reproduce-

Create a share on the array. Add a few files.

Update the share, to have primary storage pointing at a zfs pool, and secondary storage, on the array, with mover action set move files to array.

Save. Do note, zfs list will not yet show the dataset, until something has been written to it.

But, dont' write anything to it.

Instead, update the share again. Remove the secondary storage (array). Save.

You will be presented with a broken symlink, and a "Deleted" dialog.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

confirmed

- added secondary storage and applied

- removed secondary storage  and aplied

now the checkbox delete has to be checked before the share is deleted

image.thumb.png.cab86ba78559f989e5823726a7501154.png

• Like 1

I just had a similar issue.

I am converting some data on the array to datasets and got a "share deleted" dialog when renaming.

I put a new disk in and formatted to ZFS.

I have an old XFS share named "unRAID_Backups".

I'm renamed the existing XFS share on Disk1 to "unRAID_Backups_old". I then created a new share called "Backups" which prompted a "Backups" dataset automatically. I then copied all of the data from the old share to the new share in Krusader.

I decided I wanted to keep the old name so I renamed the new "Backups" share to "unRAID_Backups" and it gave me a pop-up message saying "...unRAID_Backups... deleted"

When I look in my shares, Backups is still there (it wasn't renamed). But when I look at the dataset it was renamed to "unRAID_Backups" but now is only taking a small portion of space .6TB vs 2TB. Also, when I check with the SIO script to check if folders are datasets or folders, it shows:

**Datasets in disk2 are**
    unRAID_Backups

**Folders in disk2 are**
    Backups

The problem is, in Krusader or file explorer, under Disk 2 there is no "unRAID_Backups folder, only "Backups". So it appears to have renamed the ZFS dataset, but not updated it's location and now some of the data is just missing? I'm lost and not sure if this symbolic link issues is also present.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, Vaggeto said:

I decided I wanted to keep the old name so I renamed the new "Backups" share to "unRAID_Backups" and it gave me a pop-up message saying "...unRAID_Backups... deleted"

Cannot reproduce this.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, Vaggeto said:

I then created a new share called "Backups" which prompted a "Backups" dataset automatically.

Was this share created with disk include/exclude settings so it was created on the zfs formatted disk, or was that disk #1?