• 7.0.0-beta Docker Containers All Uninstalled

rjdipcord
    • Annoyance

All of my docker containers were uninstalled after a reboot. Initially, I logged in to view my Docker dashboard. It showed all containers there without names. They were "stopped" and had no icons. The icons instead were a black and red "Lime Technology" icon. Clicking on the icons provided no information about the container.

I rebooted the machine in attempt to resolve this 'graphical bug'. I knew it was only front end because all containers were still accessible via their network interfaces. When the system resumed, no docker containers were installed. Luckily, all containers were able to be reinstalled via previous apps.

After reinstall, all containers are running normally, and the docker dashboard panel functions.

lilnas-x-diagnostics-20240704-1758.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looks like a problem with the docker folder:

Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/P5OGDMPUEB36FNKPT3CCMPROSV': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/MQLSKYEVHEFLJMLYPNCQYI5NEO': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/45STR2HRVRGE336CSM52KEB5E3': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/ONAIFSFAVWOQLKGYF6J67J5XW3': -2

If it happens again recommend trying an image instead.

• Like 1
    On 7/5/2024 at 2:58 AM, JorgeB said:

Looks like a problem with the docker folder:

Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/P5OGDMPUEB36FNKPT3CCMPROSV': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/MQLSKYEVHEFLJMLYPNCQYI5NEO': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/45STR2HRVRGE336CSM52KEB5E3': -2
    Jul  4 17:44:18 LilNAS-X kernel: overlayfs: failed to resolve '/var/lib/docker/overlay2/l/ONAIFSFAVWOQLKGYF6J67J5XW3': -2

If it happens again recommend trying an image instead.

Can you explain what you mean by trying an 'image'?

1 hour ago, rjdipcord said:

Can you explain what you mean by trying an 'image'?

Use a docker.img file to store container binaries (the default) rather than a folder.

17 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Use a docker.img file to store container binaries (the default) rather than a folder.

Ah, well the reason I am avoiding that is because previously my docker.img would runaway on storage space and cause a full system crash. Hopefully it was just a fluke then, because the runaway docker.img happened every few weeks.

5 minutes ago, rjdipcord said:

docker.img would runaway on storage space

The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped to the host.

• Thanks 1
    47 minutes ago, rjdipcord said:

previously my docker.img would runaway on storage space and cause a full system crash.

This only happens if you have a docker container writing internally to the image because you have failed to provide a mapping to external storage for the location it is writing to.   In normal running of containers the utilisation of the docker.img file should remain stable.