• CPU Isolation - Perpetual 'A reboot is required to apply changes'

Octalbush
    • Closed

Hello,

I'm running Unraid 6.12 rc2 and trying to enable cpu isolation. I set it up in the web gui like this:

image.thumb.png.7b904ab0d9b7fb794aef9815ba48f4dd.png

It then stated that a reboot was required, so I stopped the array and rebooted. When I booted back up, I went to the cpu isolation page to see if anything had happened, and I got the 'A reboot is required to apply changes' message again.

image.thumb.png.4a7c283bcabba19dca67f791d2a4b0d6.png

I've rebooted 3 times and it never takes effect. Am I doing something wrong or is this is a bug?

Thanks

dockerator-diagnostics-20230325-0810.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If yes and since it's not the number of cores if might be worth trying with a new Unraid install to rule out any config issues,

I created the plugin "Dynamix Factory Reset" to start the system as new, it preserves the license key and optionally the array and pools.

Backup your configuration first when you want to restore it afterwards.

• Like 2
    5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Are you using the same flash drive? If yes and since it's not the number of cores if might be worth trying with a new Unraid install to rule out any config issues, backup current flash drive, re-create it using the USB tool, then restore only the key, super.dat and the pools folder, all from /config folder, might be also good to use a new libvirt.img.

Thanks guys, I’m going to create a trial USB and see if I can get it working there. If I can then I will see about Frankensteining my current USB, I mainly just don’t want to lose my pool config and docker. Everything else I should be able to replicate somewhat easily.

Well as I expected the trial USB stick allowed me to use CPU Isolation with no issues, so it seems I have something wrong with my USB. Can someone help me to keep as much data as possible while wiping and creating a new USB Key? I have 63 docker containers, 2 VMs, and a mix of ZFS and BTRFS pools that I would really like to not have to reconfigure. Thanks

On 5/12/2023 at 10:29 AM, bonienl said:

I created the plugin "Dynamix Factory Reset" to start the system as new, it preserves the license key and optionally the array and pools.

First make a full backup of the current flash, you can then use the above plugin, for the VMs you just need to point to the existing libvirt.img, for the docker containers you can point to the existing docker image but also need to copy /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user to the new flash.

Update on this. Used the Dynamix Factory Reset plugin to get a fresh USB, then tested cpu isolation before configuring anything else. Still didn't work. I then pulled the USB from the server, used the creation tool and created a new 6.12rc5 install on the same USB. Copied super.dat, pools folder, shares folder, my key, and docker templates. It's working now! Thanks everyone for your help.

• Like 1