• mount network drive

ren88
    • Solved

how do i setup a share with unassigned devices plugin, it tells me to put a IP/Host and shares 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The title of this thread suggests that you are trying to mount a drive on your unRAID server that you are sharing from another IP (another computer). Is that true or are you trying to share a drive connected to your unRAID machine via smb?

Unassigned Devices doesn’t do anything with the unRAID shares. It will only operate with drives not assigned to unRAID (hence the name “Unassigned”). Typically this would be external drives but doesn’t have to be.

In order to configure your unRAID shares you would do this in the shares tab. Set permissions, add users, etc. From what I have read there have been some issues with Windows and SMB. I’ve never used windows so can’t really help with that. If this is the case I’d suggest posting more details of how you have the unRAID shares configured. Google search will also probably find other reports of problems with Windows 10 and SMB. You may find a solution that way.

It’s also possible that I have totally misunderstood what you are attempting.?

If that’s true and you actually are referring to an unassigned device then you may want to try posting in the support thread I linked earlier.

Are you trying to map an unRAID user share as a drive on WIndows? We are a bit confused since you have posted this in prerelease support, which is about things specific to the pre-release versions of unRAID.

But mapping a network share as a drive in WIndows isn't specific to pre-release, and it's really not even specific to unRAID.

That seems like a fairly basic question that you would have asked when you first started using unRAID, but you already have a lot of posts.

I think I'm still confused about what you are asking.

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Unassigned Devices doesn’t do anything with the unRAID shares. It will only operate with drives not assigned to unRAID (hence the name “Unassigned”). Typically this would be external drives but doesn’t have to be.

In order to configure your unRAID shares you would do this in the shares tab. Set permissions, add users, etc. From what I have read there have been some issues with Windows and SMB. I’ve never used windows so can’t really help with that. If this is the case I’d suggest posting more details of how you have the unRAID shares configured. Google search will also probably find other reports of problems with Windows 10 and SMB. You may find a solution that way.

It’s also possible that I have totally misunderstood what you are attempting.?

If that’s true and you actually are referring to an unassigned device then you may want to try posting in the support thread I linked earlier.

thanks 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Are you trying to map an unRAID user share as a drive on WIndows? We are a bit confused since you have posted this in prerelease support, which is about things specific to the pre-release versions of unRAID.

But mapping a network share as a drive in WIndows isn't specific to pre-release, and it's really not even specific to unRAID.

That seems like a fairly basic question that you would have asked when you first started using unRAID, but you already have a lot of posts.

I think I'm still confused about what you are asking.

yes = map shares as a windows network drive 

Can you see your shares from WIndows? You should be able to right-click on a share and select Map network drive.

3 hours ago, ren88 said:

i see that but how do i map it = \\sever\share 

Have you tried Google? That might be a better place to look since there are already a lot of detailed web pages about this on the web and maybe you could find everything you need there instead of trying to get it a little bit at a time going back and forth with us.