• [6.10.2-6.10.3] UI issue with closing OS notifications

FreeMan
    • Annoyance

This is a MINOR, LOW PRIORITY UI issue.

I noticed that in 6.10.2, the [close all notifications] button doesn't actually close any of them, instead, it just rearranges them. The issue persists in 6.10.3.

I had a bunch of disk usage notifications and took a screen shot (left), I then clicked the [close all notifications] and it rearranged them (middle), clicked it again and it rearranged them again (right).

image.thumb.png.68ac5ef2fcee7e0649b7c94701b9e0b8.png

It also gives issues when attempting to close one at a time. From the last arrangement above, right, I clicked the "X" on the 6/18/22 12:05 notification (the bottom one). It briefly disappeared, then reappeared at the bottom of the list:

image.thumb.png.35b8371145c7bc2af9982491961d2fa6.png

They are now all gone. I believe (I had to leave between grabbing screen shots & making the report) that I had to close them from the top of the list down, and couldn't close from the bottom of the list. i.e., I had to close the 12:07, 12:28, 12:39 etc., instead of simply putting the mouse on the 12:05, closing, and waiting for the list to redraw then close 12:03, 12:01, etc and not have to move the mouse.

The work around is a very minor inconvenience, but it's mildly annoying.

nas-diagnostics-20220619-1249.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Known issue that has existed since the Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.

@bonienl is aware of it, but as you mentioned low priority, and after it fails to either close / acknowledge one of them (or all via close all notifications), a reload of the page or navigating to a different tab updates correctly.

Fair enough. I've noticed in the past, this is the first time I've really paid attention enough to document it.

It's now in writing, so my job here is done.