• [6.12.6] User Shares suddenly gone

Videodr0me
    • Urgent

Updated recently to 6.12.6 (from 6.9.2) and after 5 days of uptime all user shares disappeared. The GUI is still accessable but the it shows 0 user shares. I narrowed it down to this error in the log: Jan 16 16:56:56 Tower-II shfs: shfs: ../lib/fuse.c:1450: unlink_node: Assertion `node->nlookup > 1' failed. It seems ever since that error all shares just disappeared. Never had such issues with 6.9.2 (uptime continuously for two years without restart).

tower-ii-diagnostics-20240117-1457.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is an old issue, it happens in some circumstances, unclear exactly what causes it, a reboot will bring the shares back, there are some workarounds discussed and it's still being actively looked at here:

31 minutes ago, Videodr0me said:

Reboot restored functionality. Still this is a very annoying bug.

I am sure that if only a way could be found that reliably reproduces it then it would quickly be fixed.

Hi,

I'm also affected with this bug. For me this is a major issue, in the past I never had issues with unraid. Up times reaching nearly a year. Now I have to reboot the machine just to restore the basic functionality... 

For me it happens when I delete files over an nfs share mounted to Pop OS. Anything I can provide to help to narrow down the root cause?

Edited by aspik
    11 hours ago, aspik said:

Anything I can provide to help to narrow down the root cause?

Please post in the thread I linked above, it's being troubleshooted there, also post the steps you do to cause it and the diagnostics after it happens.