• AFTER I UPGRADED TO 6.10.2 MY NETWORK INTERFACES DISSAPPEARED

aidoniskostas
    • Solved Urgent

AFTER I UPGRADED TO 10.0.2 MY NETWORK INTERFACES DISSAPPEARED ONLY Lo0 IS SHOWING (DELL R720 XD)CAN'T ACCESS THROUGH WEB UI

THEY ARE SHWOING IN LSPCI BUT NOT IN NETWORK SETTINGS!!!!

CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY FILES TO ATTATCH

news update i tried just to reboot and after reboot starting to show missing drives !!!! probably problems with new kernel!!!!

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

24 minutes ago, Casadream_1 said:

I had the same thing this morning. No more GUI access. In Cli the ip was however present. My DELL PowerEdge servers were broken.

I downgraded to 6.10.1 and everything works fine. I can find absolutely nothing on my network card that mentions TG3. Will fixed be deployed ? (no TG3)

Note : I have modprobe.d but not the file conf modprobe.d/tg3.conf

Without diagnostics we don't know what is happening, could well be a wrong network configuration.

3 hours ago, Casadream_1 said:

I had the same thing this morning.

Already replied in the other thread you posted, please don't post about the same thing in multiple threads, and like mentioned we need the diagnostics to see the hardware, they can be from v6.10.1

11 hours ago, bonienl said:

Your network configuration is wrong.

If you want to use a bond interface with members eth0 and eth2, you need to delete the bond interface of eth2 and enable bond interface of eth0 and then add eth2 as a second member.

IF i use zhe bond(Active backup 1). i will lose my  connect to internet and computer . only in this chosen(NO bond) i can connect my NAS.

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

Your network configuration is wrong.

If you want to use a bond interface with members eth0 and eth2, you need to delete the bond interface of eth2 and enable bond interface of eth0 and then add eth2 as a second member.

IN this opiton .NOW I CAN connect my NAS,but my nas cannot connect the internet.

sun-unraid-diagnostics-20220530-1146.zip

On 5/28/2022 at 2:13 PM, vincenzo.bini said:

solved, thanks to @bonienl

on idrac after boot, login on server than:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/tg3.conf

than reboot

I have not tried this yet myself, but just wondering, if it works, will it be a permanent fix or is this a command that has to be run after every unraid update after this?

8 minutes ago, Flemming said:

will it be a permanent fix or is this a command that has to be run after every unraid update after this?

It would be one time thing, and even when it it's no longer needed it won't cause any issues leaving the file there.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, JorgeB said:

So far I haven't found any corruption signs on Dell Servers with these NICs, so it *might* be safe to use vt-d, see below how you can do that:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/after-i-upgraded-to-6102-my-network-interfaces-dissappeared-r1956/?do=findComment&comment=19584

Jorge:

Sorry, newb to my r720. Where in iDrac do I input this command? I dont see any command windows available for me to launch command the following command:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/tg3.conf

8 hours ago, Pmarszal said:

Where in iDrac do I input this command?

You should have a remote console option that shows the same it would on a monitor, note that the output might be blank after a few minutes, you need to press any key in the remote keyboard, you should then see the normal login:

image.png.28d7e4e847e9838099f1e8b8e8d8c992.png

Just login to Unraid and type the command there.