• Dockers don't seem to be updating after 6.12 upgrade.

deadsoulz
    • Minor

Anyone else seeing this?   After you try to upgrade a docker when it shows available, you go through the update, but nothing happens.   Goes back to same version it had before.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Docker container updates work fine for me.

What happens when you do a manual "check for updates" first and then update?

@deadsoulz check your server time please.

On my Unraid NTP wasn't working properly after the update and my server time was stuck in 2002.

see here: 

I also have this issue. Sometimes no data is pulled and it report update complete with the same docker version. Sometimes there is a time out pulling fs layer on some IMAGE ID sections.

The issue for me is specific to dockers in the lscr.io/linuxserver repo, but I also notice that grabbing updates seems slower than it should, like a timeout issue.

Edit: felt like a DNS issue, specified 8.8.8.8 and it fixed the issue.

Edited by thellamapaul
    2 hours ago, thellamapaul said:

The issue for me is specific to dockers in the lscr.io/linuxserver repo, but I also notice that grabbing updates seems slower than it should, like a timeout issue.

Edit: felt like a DNS issue, specified 8.8.8.8 and it fixed the issue.

Mine was DNS as well.  Wierd.  It worked fine for years with my router as the dns 1 entry

On 6/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, deadsoulz said:

Mine was DNS as well.  Wierd.  It worked fine for years with my router as the dns 1 entry

Same here, was pulling my hair out thinking it was adguard or my xfs cache upgrade....all along it was changing from router dns to 8.8.8.8....running for 5yrs without issue until now....all sorted! 8.8.8.8 for the win

I'm in the same boat. I'm unable to update any of the dockers. Plugins still update (i.e. community applications) and the dockers themselves still function (i.e. Duplicati is still pushing backups to the cloud).

I have tried manually updating, but it pulls zero bytes. I also checked the server time, and its accurate. I honestly don't understand the above solutions with setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Thank you in advance for any help.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:35 PM, KASE_United said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm unable to update any of the dockers. Plugins still update (i.e. community applications) and the dockers themselves still function (i.e. Duplicati is still pushing backups to the cloud).

I have tried manually updating, but it pulls zero bytes. I also checked the server time, and its accurate. I honestly don't understand the above solutions with setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Thank you in advance for any help.

Did you ever solve your issues? I am having the same problem. Some dockers do pull updates but stop part way through. 

Edit: Never mind. Turns out it appears to have been a bad fiber cable from wall to PC.

unraid_docker.png

Edited by danm24