• i upgrade to 6.12.1 the max number of devices for pool still 30.

powin
    • Closed

Increased max number of devices per pool from 30 to 60. In a future release we will eliminate the upper maximum entirely.

i didn't see the increased  or what step i need to do for the increase? thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You just need to stop the array and change the pool slots number, please note that it's for pools only, array is still limited to 2 parity + 28 data devices.

• Thanks 1
    On 7/7/2023 at 12:05 AM, JorgeB said:

You just need to stop the array and change the pool slots number, please note that it's for pools only, array is still limited to 2 parity + 28 data devices.

got it. thanks for replay. PS: will plan increase array disk limited in the futhur? thanks.

11 hours ago, powin said:

will plan increase array disk limited in the futhur?

AFAIK in the future you will be able to have multiple arrays, but it will still be limited to 30 devices per array, IMHO >30 devices with dual parity only is not really a good idea, and something I would do.

Just now, Raki72 said:

Is there an ETA for the Multiple Array feature? I am eagerly waiting for it.

Not that I know of.   I would expect it is part of the 6.13.x release and likely to be at least the end of 2023 before it reaches stable state if not longer as we are still getting minor 6.12.x releases relating to ZFS support.

I am desperately waiting for this functionality so that I can build a second array, place larger disks in there and move data disk by disk to the second array. 😀

Edited by Raki72