• Unable to set my appdata share as exclusive in 6.12.1

sittingmongoose
    • Closed

I was previously running my dockers, and docker image on /mnt/cache/ instead of /mnt/user/ but this new exclusive share feature seems to be a better solution. However, I turned on permit exclusive shares in the global share settings. I cant select to turn on exclusive shares in the share tab though for my appdata. Currently its primary storage is my cache pool, secondary storage is set to none.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 085139.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This suggests the share exists somewhere else, can be just a folder, go to Shares click on appdata and then compute and post a screenshot of that.

Didn't notice in the screenshot before that NFS is enabled, any shares with NFS enabled cannot be exclusive.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Didn't notice in the screenshot before that NFS is enabled, any shares with NFS enabled cannot be exclusive.

Sorry I realized that after posting, they are disabled now but it didnt help.  I also rebooted.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 091503.png

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Some combination of making sure no files were on the array, turning off nfs sharing, and rebooting multiple times fixed it.

If you're coming from google. I had to re-enable NFS globally, go to each share i wanted exclusive and set NFS export to No, save, change secondary storage from None to Array, save, change secondary storage back to None, save. Re-disable NFS globally. That did it.

This system isn't realizing that NFS is disabled globally.

I don't know if this is already tracked somewhere else, but imo this bug isn't solved! I know it is difficult to handle, since the NFS service can be started dynamically, the symlinks not, but to just ignore the global setting can't be part of the solution. Sorry, if I sound a little blunt, english isn't my first language and I am still a little bit upset since this bug cost me last 4 hours.

My proposed solution:

• A tooltip on the field itself which rules for an exclusive share has been broken
    • Disable the NFS Export button if NFS has been enabled after the symlink has been created (this is a bug either way, you can do that currently)

With this you could use the global NFS setting again.