Spectrum

Members
  • Content Count

    236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Spectrum

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It could have to do with the default compression level. Not sure what Limetech uses when he compresses the kernel. Any compression with lzma will end up better than .gz though
  2. ANNNNND epic faceapalm! I was compressing to xz not to lzma. Sometimes it pays to step back and take a break and have fresh eyes take a peek. Appreciate it brit!
  3. Does anyone know how to compress the bzroot with lzma/xz? I've tried using the same syntax as gzip but it's not working decompression with xzcat /path/to/bzroot | cpio -i -d -H newc --no-absolute-filenames works fine but compression using the assumed find . | cpio -o -H newc | xz > /path/to/newbzroot or find . | cpio -o -H newc | xz --stdout - > /path/to/newbzroot creates a new archive but chokes on reboot when trying to extract the initramfs. The boot chokes with: VFS: Cannot open root device"(null)" or unknown-block(8,2) Please append a correct
  4. There is an md5deep package available in unmenu. It does exactly what you are looking for.
  5. That looks like the info from a separate boot partition. Try mounting /dev/sdc2
  6. Well that's what I get for posting things with my phone! 55000 KB/s is ~430 Mb/s so that's really not so bad. Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase.
  7. What Joe said I wil add in that iperf is only measuring raw bandwidth. Any disk activity will slow things down. That said your numbers are very low. 55 KB/s is < 1 Mbps; based on your results I think there is definitely something wrong. I would start with the cables and/or try diff machines to try to isolate the problem.
  8. That method works but it's using a shotgun to treat the symptom instead of resolving the problem. If you are fine with not being able to retain hidden/system attributes than it's not a problem though. As an example, if you copied your user profile from a windows machine to a share after gutting samba's ability to map attributes then copied the profile back there would be a plethora of files/directories that would be restored incorrectly. Not the end of the world but beware when running like this you may not (depends on how you use your array) get the expected result when you copy files
  9. Because .zip != .tgz You need to unzip the file using unzip which I don't think is installed by default. Easy solution is to unzip the archive from another machine. If you have unRAID up and running and haven't monkeyed with the defaults yet the flash drive will be at \\tower\flash and you can just unzip the file over the network.
  10. Congrats. Not sure why you got that bad superblock error (and I'm not about to start tinkering with my live array to figure it out) but it's working and that's what counts Just an FYI in case you haven't already found it, the configuration tutorial is at http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Configuration_Tutorial and it may help you along now that you have the system working.
  11. Yep Joe's radar is much more attuned than mine. That is the problem indeed. On the unraid box type e2label /dev/sda1 UNRAID You can verify the change by using the ls command. After that a reboot should have you up and running.
  12. Put the flash drive back in the unraid box and type ls -l /boot/ If you see syslog.txt listed then you'll have to seek help from someone with some mac knowledge to figure out whats going on on the desktop side of things. If you don't see it listed then syslog was not actually copied. In that case, copy the file again then verify it copied using the ls command. If it still doesn't copy I'd be suspect of the flash drive.....
  13. Not sure what it takes for OSX to resolve names via NETBIOS, it's doable but I have no idea where to even begin but someone else here may be able to point you down the right track. In the mean time running it with a static IP or setting up a DHCP reservation on the DHCP server would be advisable. Then you could use the host file to map the name to the IP address. The instructions for the host file are in this article. Should be /etc/hosts on a mac...
  14. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0 Copy the file to your flash drive as per that post then put the flash in your mac and upload it here
  15. The problem is not ownership, it's how samba maps unix file permissions to windows file attributes. Because the world executable flag is set Samba is showing setting the hidden attribute. You can set windows to show hidden/system files to confirm. The solution is to remove the world executable permission but I'm not sure what effect this will have on the ftp server.... Pick a file to test with and execute chmod 644 /path/to/file then see if you can view the file by browsing to the share with windows. If so, the samba mapping is definitely your problem and you will need to figu