Disconnection Issues.....getting very problematic....

DeathtoToasters

Well I have had my unraid for a while now and love it!!

I am up to about 2 TB's now. Various Drives...either WD or Maxtor, depending on the sale of the week :)

I purchased the Starter set. Maybe you remember me Tom... ;D

Anyway, for some reason, upon heavy loads the server is not found anymore by any computer on the network.

The router still shows it connected to it.

I mentioned this in the avsforum area and some people mentioned maybe it was overheating a bit.

Well I have the coolermaster case that you build yours with.

I use racks for the HD's with fans. The temp of the HD's never get above 35 degrees C.  I purchased the motherboard fan made for the coolermaster case. The long thin one.

I put a Zalman 7000b on the processor, running at full speed.  The 120mm fan that comes stock for the case. The 80mm fan on the top of the case and another 80mm fan on the side panel where there is a bracket already mounted.

Ok, with all of that, I doubt the case or MB is overheating. 

The only option I have is to power down via the power supply, which since I cannot get to the main screen to stop the array, forces a parity check. Which takes me about 2000 min on average.

Any ideas?

I cannot leave anything running that access the array for a long period of time because of these issues.

We're working very hard on finding a solution to the DMA errors.  I'll keep you posted on progress.

To view the system log in "real time", open a telnet window to the UnRaid server, login as "root", no password (just hit return), and the type this:

tail -f /var/log/syslog

After hitting Return, the cursor will just stay in the left column, but thereafter, any logging message that gets generated will appear on the screen.

Archived