[SOLVED] FFmpeg with UNRAID ?

Keichi

Hello,

I am trying to install the lastest version of ffmpeg inside UNRAID.

I find the Docker "FFmpeg-mkvdts2ac3", but ffmpeg is pretty old and i need a newer version.

I activate the DockerHub option in Community Application to install the official docker (https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/jrottenberg/ffmpeg)

But it is not working...

I don't really know what to do, because i am pretty new with Docker. And it seems pretty hard to find infos about ffmpeg and unraid.

Would you have some adivces for me ?

Thank you all,

K.

Edited by Keichi
Issue solved, thanks all!

Hello,

I need to do video conversion using h265 lib to gain some space, in fact.

I play on my computer with the settings (it is videos from Osmo Action) and i am happy with it. But i have like 600To of file, so i wanted to do the conversion on the NAS :/

And i use ffmpeg CLI because i understand that was the best choise :/

My experience with using ffmpeg is that software re-encoding to x265 produces files that are significantly smaller than when using hardware re-encoding.   That is worth bearing in mind when trying to maximise space savings.   It becomes a size v speed trad-off as hardware re-encoding is MUCH faster.

in turns of docker based tools on Unraid to make this easy, my experience is that Unmanic is least effort, but tdarr provides finer grain control for those who want to invest the extra effort.

• Thanks 1

In fact, i use software (cpu) encoding with libx265, it is slower but the quality is pretty good. Took a lot of time, but as i will run it on UNRAID, i can wait.

My problem is that i use some pretty new command from libx265 and Unmaniac which i didn't know about (and like it, thanks !!) output this type of error :

[libx265 @ 0x557996519700] Unknown option: scenecut-aware-qp.

[libx265 @ 0x557996519700] Unknown option: scenecut-window.

Handbrake, avidemux, tdarr, unmanic and FFmpeg-mkvdts2ac3 seems to not be up-to-date regarding ffmpeg libx265 implementation :(

But i guess i will still go for Unmanic, it is simple, you can configure the ffmpeg command line and can watch a speficic folder (instead of the main purpose of watching the whole library) so it is a pretty good container, thank you both for the discovery !

3 hours ago, Keichi said:

My problem is that i use some pretty new command from libx265 and Unmaniac which i didn't know about (and like it, thanks !!) output this type of error :

[libx265 @ 0x557996519700] Unknown option: scenecut-aware-qp.

[libx265 @ 0x557996519700] Unknown option: scenecut-window.

Probably worth posting a message in the relevant container's support thread or on their area on github.  Quite likely the maintainer will then get around to updating the packages within the container.