IOMMU Network/Device Issues (6.9.0-rc1)

hcook

I have unraid 6.9.0-rc1 installed and running smoothly then IOMMU is disabled in BIOS, however whenever it is enabled it wont detect USB 3 ports but more importantly doesn't connect to my home network and instead connects to a weird IP and is not visible on network. 

Setup:

ASRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition ATX AM4 Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor

Unraid 6.9.0-rc1

HVM is enabled in bios, and bios is running the latest 1.3 from ASRock

Attached is the syslog from diagnostics when IOMMU is enabled.

However I don't know how to get the same thing when IOMMU is enabled and it won't connect to network (gets assigned a  169.254.*.* IP address) using the onboard NIC. I tried two different PCIE NIC cards to see if the NIC was the issue but had the same issue with the strange IP. USB 3 ports are also all disabled. I have tried amending the syslinux.cfg with multiple different iommu criteria like below, I tried both amd_iommu and iommu, as well as "pt" and "soft" for each and I still have the same issue. (this was the only solution I could find on google). 

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot amd_iommu=pt

I need IOMMU enabled to be able to pass through my GPU to VM. 

I am not great at linux systems but can generally follow directions, if there is a way to get the diagnostic file when it doesn't connect to network please let me know, I also presume it would help but maybe someone knows if have the incorrect boot command or can try something different? I didn't have this issue on the Rog Maximus Formula VI. Maybe its just the motherboard? I could change the motherboard but there are limited options for one that has 8 sata ports (since I dont want to mess around with getting a SAS card yet, I have plenty of space on my 40TB setup)

toxicserv-diagnostics-20201220-1922.zip

Edited by hcook
adding correct zip
9 hours ago, Squid said:

Looks like you've bound some items for passthrough to a VM.  Uncheck them all and try again (Tools - System Devices)

So I deselected all the items for passthrough, then deleted the VMs and turned off VM manager in settings, and still same issue. Diagnostics attached for this attempt.

When I get home I think I will create a new USB with a fresh install of unraid and see if this is still an issue, since the last USB was from the previous intel build and and had VFIO-PCI Config plugin installed on it at one point, although its now deleted I cant remember if I did anything else in the settings previously. 

toxicserv-diagnostics-20201221-0826.zip

• 3 years later...

Thank you for posting this. I was having the same issue with this motherboard ( ASRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition ATX AM4 Motherboard ). Deleting vfio-pci.cfg corrected the issue. 

I tracked down the topic using the google search term: unraid iommu eth0 not detected

Hopefully the added keywords will pull this up for someone in the future. 

Edited by overt-lawmaker6885