[SOLVED] Version: 6.8.2. Disk issues, 1 spun down

JJNBt

I just recently rebuild the array, it was working fine for a few weeks until last week we had a sudden black out I had to manually shut down the system luckily I decided to use and old UPS w/ new battery's and it worked fine for a few days. When the disk went down I had YouTube-DL, Krusader and Plex on. For some reason I was not able to shutdown Krusader before I had to force shutdown the system. I have two disk on the dashboard with error's thumbs down on the smart report. If you need further information I will reply your request asap. I also grabbed diagnostics before I shut down the computer and is attached.

frsttower-diagnostics-20201220-1900.zip

So I have 2 cables with 3 (4 pin molex.) One cable was powering 1.5 bays. I believe that was creating this issue, so now 2 cables are using 2 (4 pin molex) I wont be using the third molex from now on. I am currently rebuilding the drive if anyone can read the diagnostics file and can give me further information such as if any drive is failing because of potential power issues or something non related, would be great. Thank you

IMG_20201223_131437_LIv1.jpg

ran xfs repair. -L

"Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps... Metadata CRC error detected at 0x46af5d, xfs_finobt block 0x16d74d588/0x1000 btree block 3/33851608 is suspect, error -74 bad magic # 0 in inobt block 3/33851608 agi_freecount 55, counted 0 in ag 3 finobt - found root inode chunk Phase 3 - for each AG... - scan and clear agi unlinked lists... - process known inodes and perform inode discovery... - agno = 0 - agno = 1 - agno = 2 - agno = 3 - process newly discovered inodes... Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks... - setting up duplicate extent list... - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks... - agno = 0 - agno = 1 - agno = 3 - agno = 2 Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees... - reset superblock... Phase 6 - check inode connectivity... - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes - traversing filesystem ... - traversal finished ... - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ... Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts... Maximum metadata LSN (1:16297) is ahead of log (1:2). Format log to cycle 4. done"

21 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You should really avoid the Marvell controller on those boards (first four white ports), they are are known issue, also good to post new diags since there's no SMART for a couple of disks in the previous ones, and the initial error with parity is logged as a disk problem.

Ok, I moved all of the SATA cables from the Marvell controllers, I also made a note of it on the case. I did grab one SMART from one of the disk that was disabled. In a few days I will add a new diags.

Thank you for helping me

CrystalDiskInfo_20201224181658.txt

7 hours ago, JJNBt said:

I did grab one SMART from one of the disk that was disabled.

That's from disk2, and it does look healthy, I wanted to see SMART for parity, since that's the one where the initial error is logged as a disk problem, but possibly just a controller issue, since not surprisingly both were on the Marvell controller.

On 12/25/2020 at 4:35 AM, JorgeB said:

That's from disk2, and it does look healthy, I wanted to see SMART for parity, since that's the one where the initial error is logged as a disk problem, but possibly just a controller issue, since not surprisingly both were on the Marvell controller.

Sorry for it being a little late. A little busy, also wanted to run a parity scan before I updated the Diags. 

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Version: 6.8.2. Disk issues, 1 spun down