Opinions on Supermicro's Supero motherboards

16 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I am not sure what this can bring that MSI, ASUS and others do not.

What server like functionalities are you looking for ?

A large part of the limitation of customer grade hardware comes from chipset/cpu, not really board manufacturer.

I just haven't really seen options from those manufacturers. Plus Supero uses server-grade components. I'd like to be able to support a CPU with a lot of cores (16+) and RAM (64gb+) so I can have a few gaming VMs. Enough PCIe slots for 4 video cards, and a few for SATA expansion. Enough SATA ports so I don't need a ton of extra cards. I'd like it to support PCIe 4.0 but it's not a deal breaker since I won't get much use out of it now. But I plan on keeping it around for years to come. I'm also thinking about switching back to AMD CPU but I'm finding fewer AMD options. Intel has been lagging, more power hungry, more expensive, and always has security issues. A lot of those gaming mobos don't have an many PCIe lanes, DIMM slots, a lot more bells and whistles I don't need, and cost more. I'm just looking for anything that will fit the bill.