Migrating build from Intel to AMD errors 6.8.3

dfan
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hoping to know if anyone has seen an issue similar to this one. I have been working on upgrading my current unraid server with a new mobo, cpu and ram. The old build was

Intel Xeon E3-1270 V2

Supermicro X9SCM-F

A-Tech 16GB 2 x 8GB 16GB PC3-12800 ECC Unbuffered DDR3

LSI SAS9201-8i

The new build is 

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI MAG Tomahawk X570

Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM 16GB 

LSI SAS9201-8i

I've taken the Unraid USB from my old build and placed it my new one. The CLI shows that the OS has booted, but the Web gui is not responsive and nothing is accessible. I'm not the greatest at reading log files but it looks like it has something to do with the PCI card. I've attempted to run it without the PCI card but it still will not show the web gui.

I've disabled the C-state issue seen with AMD CPUs and I've changed the IOMMU from auto to enable.

fantower-diagnostics-20201229-0555.zip

Edited by dfan
Last sentence removal

Thank you for the response.

The PCI card I believe the log is referring to is the sata controller. But I believe you are correct that the ram is the issue. I'm picking up the 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz version of the same ram and see if it fixes the issue. 

Edited by dfan
27 minutes ago, dfan said:

But I believe you are correct that the ram is the issue. I'm picking up the 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz version of the same ram and see if it fixes the issue. 

That's not what he was saying. The RAM can be rated to run faster, but the CPU and motherboard are limited in how fast they can access it and stay stable. You need to manually set the RAM you currently have to the specified speeds in the BIOS and see if the errors continue.

I'm not saying your RAM is good or bad, but you won't know until you run it at the speeds specified by your CPU and memory configuration. The memory speed rating on the chips is the maximum for that RAM, not the CPU.