[SOLVED] How to set a different nic as the main in unRAID

mhweb

I installed a Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN 10G switch in the network, and I added a 10G nic to the unraid server, but I can't get it to run in 10G. 

I'm still connected with the eth0 which is a 1G nic, and I also configure the eth2, which is the 10G nic, but when I disconnect the cable from eth0, I can't connect through eth2. Also, the eth0 is the only one I can configure the DNS ip settings, since there are no DNS settings for eth2, why? Also, using this configuration, when transfering data, I'm still transferring at 1G, why?

How do I make the eth2 10g nic the main card to transfer at 10G from another PC which also has a 10G nic? 

Just now, mhweb said:

I got it. It was not obvious, but I had an idea. I didn't want to lose the network connectivity, so that's why I asked. the Solution was to set the 10g as eth0 in the the Internet Rules in the Network Settings section, and reboot. 

Yes - UnRAID admin always runs over eth0 so what you did is the correct solution.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] How to set a different nic as the main in unRAID