[SOLVED] No DNS? when Docker Container in VLAN Network

Hello,

I have tried to set up a Factorio GameServer (template from here). When I have the Docker container on the normal bridge network it seems to work as well. However, when I try to put the Docker container in a custom VLAN network I see the following errors in the LOG.

0.741 Checksum for script /factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 3931528263
0.741 Info UDPSocket.cpp:27: Opening socket at (IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:34197}))0.741 Hosting game at IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:34197})
0.742 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/generate-server-padlock-2?api_version=4
11.260 Error HttpSharedState.cpp:136: CURL failed: code:6, 6; Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com
11.260 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:145: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/generate-server-padlock-2?api_version=4
11.260 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:146: Status code: 0
11.260 Info AuthServerConnector.cpp:18: Failed to reach auth server: code(520) message(Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com)
11.260 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "Failed to reach auth server. Code: 520. Error: Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com."

I also tried to google the error but it didn't really help me (at least not in the context of Docker). But if I'm looking at it correctly, I would say from the LOGs that DNS is not working correctly. Does anyone know this or a similar error? 

Edited by Blackbird2k
  • 1 year later...