Replace 8 drives as fast as possible.

so, i decided to start the transfer anyway and i would just watch the drives to see what one was getting full. Well it turns out they were ALL getting full. It seems they are all running as copies of each other. It is looking like it might just be faster to start the array over and move the files. If I dont have a parity drive then will it copy faster?  Then add the parity drives after? 

Ok so, I hate to be anti climatic but I just ended up redoing the whole thing with the correct drives in place. (Currently with no parity until the ~50TB is finished moving then I will add them) and its already moving at 200+ MB/s this will only take a few days and I can remove the old/bad/sus drives out and send them back. Thank you sincerely for everyone who had input on this, it was a learning and humbling experience.

7 hours ago, Waffle said:

Here is the information you requested. I looked in the '/media' folder and did not see the drives in their as well. Included is a picture of that folder.

Capture3.JPG.8d64716f15184acb9d1501457f26116c.JPG

Capture4.thumb.JPG.abc6f9d2d596ae14d95bb96cbf7f4de7.JPGCapture5.thumb.JPG.771a9fe99a2322a13ba16f93f2c7c155.JPG

With that mapping for /media you will only see the User Share level view of your files - not the physical drives view.