Download Link 6.9 RC2

35 minutes ago, typewriter said:

IPv4 address: 169.254.116.178 

Looks wrong to me. Or does your router use the IP range 169.254.116.x ;)

If you search for "unraid 169" you will find several other threads:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/72789-solved-unraid-receiving-wrong-ip-assignment/

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/88234-unraid-682-boot-to-169xxx-after-update/

This happens because unraid is not able to reach the router to receive its DHCP IP address. This could be because:

- Unraid was not able to install a proper driver for your NIC

- you have a wrong network.cfg and network-rules.cfg on your USB flash drive (delete them, they will be recreated on reboot)

- did you set a fixed IP in the past through the fritzbox webgui? If yes, delete this entry for your server.

- check / replace cables

If you still have no success, do this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/77590-unraid-not-returning-ip-address-on-initial-boot/?tab=comments#comment-717177

I solved it! Thanks for the directions!

As I wrote I used the config from before - the server wasn't reachable anymore.

After a "hard" restart booting Unraid did not work anymore and I "renewed" the unraid files on the USB stick and copied back the config and was getting this strange IP again and again.

Well, I switched to the onboard NIC. And everything works again.

It seems the 10gb Aquantia card stopped working - I don't know why it does not work anymore. It did before.

It doesn't really matter. Since I will move the server to a new Supermicro Case (a dream by the way!) I will replace the card which resides in the PCI x16 slot with a proper LSI SAS/Sata controller which will replace the two Marvel adapters in 2 x1 slots. I will then stick with the onboard NIC or a new 2,5gb Realtek card I bought recently (not sure if unraid has drivers for this).

Even with enterprise drives Unraid does not write faster than 80gb/s so a 1 gb card or a 2,5 are sufficient.

Thanks for your guys great help - I was starting to get desperate at some point... 

1 hour ago, typewriter said:

10gb Aquantia card

Which one? Asus caused problems for some people.

Even with enterprise drives Unraid does not write faster than 80gb/s so a 1 gb card or a 2,5 are sufficient.

It depends:

A) Enable turbo write, but this needs all disks spinning while writing

B) Enable SSD Cache

C) Install a huge amount of RAM and raise the vm.dirty_ratio value (UPS recommened!)

I'm using B and C. I use 50% of my 64GB RAM as write cache so I'm able to upload 25 - 30 GB of data with 10G speeds even if I directly upload to the HDD array. I'm using the QNAP QXG-10G1T (Aquantia as well)

2,5gb Realtek card I bought recently (not sure if unraid has drivers for this).

The beta version includes them.