Legit LSI 9300-8i? And signed bios or not?

SavellM

Hey guys, 

I have 2 questions.

1) Can you help me identify if these images are legit LSI 9300-8i? In Windows its a Avago (yes I know they bought Broadcom and they in turn bought LSI). I just want to make sure its actually a legit HBA from a legit company. Or even maybe Avago manufactured as it was still brand new. 

2) When updating the firmware and bios there is an option to flash the signed bios, is this advisable or not? Are there any repercussions if I sign the signed drivers for if I use this controller elsewhere in the future? OR would unRAID prefer it to be unsigned? image.thumb.png.b71d37f92d2abfc3da42f515ea64b7b8.pngimage.thumb.png.1ad621805a32709034186a2c669498a3.pngimage.thumb.png.97509dd7316db016539112e2d6d7484b.png

@SavellM

Did you get an answer from the Broadcom support yet? I'm trying to avoid buying a counterfeit 9300-8i in advance, so I'm keen to know what possible details I should pay attention to.

Also, could you please do me a favor? Could you please pull me a backup of the SBR (Serial Boot ROM) that is used on your card? This can be done with megarec in DOS shell:

megarec3 -readsbr 0 backup.sbr

This should result in a file of 256 Bytes. I'd like to have a look at what's inside to compare it to SBRs used on other controllers with SAS3008 chipset from LSI (and possilbe fakes), as well as other manufacturers.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by lizzzard
48 minutes ago, lizzzard said:

@SavellM

Did you get an answer from the Broadcom support yet? I'm trying to avoid buying a counterfeit 9300-8i in advance, so I'm keen to know what possible details I should pay attention to.

Also, could you please do me a favor? Could you please pull me a backup of the SBR (Serial Boot ROM) that is used on your card? This can be done with megarec in DOS shell:

megarec3 -readsbr 0 backup.sbr

This should result in a file of 256 Bytes. I'd like to have a look at what's inside to compare it to SBRs used on other controllers with SAS3008 chipset from LSI (and possilbe fakes), as well as other manufacturers.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately no reply as of yet.

But I deemed it to be fake, no LSI logo was a dead give away. 

Stickers on the back were different, PCI express logo and so on.

So its gone back.