We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

How do I add a disk back to my user shares? I'm bad at titles, please read details below

96dpi

I'm bad at titles, let me explain...

Previously, I was having several hard drives with disk read errors all within a short period of time.

In one instance, I transferred all data off of one drive with the errors and shrunk my array, since I didn't really need the extra space anyway. When I did this, I had to manually remove this disk from all shares, according to the instructions.

Since then, I have replaced the SATA cables on the drives with the errors, and that seems to have fixed the problems.

Today I added this disk back to the array in the previously used slot after replacing the SATA cable, no errors after clearing and formatting, everything seems to be normal. But my problem is that the disk is not being used in any of my existing user shares. Instead, it is only displayed in disk shares.

How do I fix this so that this disk 4 can be used in my user shares again?

34 minutes ago, 96dpi said:

How do I fix this so that this disk 4 can be used in my user shares again?

In Global Share Settings, is it set to include all disks or do you only have specific disks listed and disk 4 is not one of them?  Note that you have to stop the array to make changes.  Is disk 4 specifically excluded?

image.thumb.png.9448a54282b4e51ef297ddebd87cff0d.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, Hoopster said:

In Global Share Settings, is it set to include all disks or do you only have specific disks listed and disk 4 is not one of them?  Note that you have to stop the array to make changes.  Is disk 4 specifically excluded?

This fixed it, thank you so much! 😁

I had excluded disk 4 in preparation for shrinking the array, as instructed, and I forgot to include it again once the issue was resolved. 

Edited by 96dpi