We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Drive Spin Down issue

Hi all, I've managed to resolve any issue with past forum topics thus far, but last week my drives stopped spinning down after their designated 15mins of inactivity, and after spending a week messing and trying to figure the issue i'm at a loss and would appreciate some help. 

Info:

• Build - 6.9.0-rc2
  • Array Disks - 9
  • Parity - 1
  • Cache Pool - 3
  • All dockers and VM's appear to be on the cache only
  • All dockers and VM's have been shut down - mover ran - and common issues checked (non flagged)

Symptoms:

• Drives do not auto spin down after 15mins
  • Manually spinning down the array results in the drives staying offline until an application calls a resource that is on that drive.
  • Once that drive is spun up, it never spins back down on it's own. 
  • 9 discs in the array + Parity. 
  • Recent File activity shows which files have been called on the drive which has been spun up (sometimes!). 

Diagnostics:

• The fact it can take hours or days for some of the drives to be called makes it hard to diagnose by disabling dockers and VM's
  • From the testing I have done, shutting down dockers and VM's doesn't appear to impact the issue, but given the times for drives to come back online, it's hard to say (24hrs now and one drive is still spundown, but the majority of the others that are all active arent showing any "recent" file activity. 
  • Only thing I've changes recently is the install of the Unifi docker but unsure how long by discs have been acting this way. 

Logs attached. 

Any help appreciated 

Thanks in advance

Edited by skylineboy

Ok thanks, read up the bulk of the thread. I'll await RC3 then, but my issues started over a week ago on the RC1 build, having been working fine since RC1 was installed last year up until last week. 

The first thing I did was upgrade to RC2, so many I've fixed the initial issue I had when moving files around and adjusting dockers etc, and unknowingly inherited the new issue with RC2 that presenting the same/similar.