[Resolved] Array has 1 disk with errors

I'm still on 6.8.3 and would prefer to remain there until I get this resolved, if possible. The fewer pieces changing at once, the easier it should be to track down...

While my parity check was running yesterday, I got this notification:

Unraid array errors: 2021-03-01 22:24
Warning [NAS] - array has errors
Array has 1 disk with read errors

Looking at my Array devices display, I see that disk 8 is reporting 256 errors. Of course, the warranty expired on 16 Feb 2021, so I've got that going for me... :(

The parity check finished with no indication of error whatsoever. This disk has never, it appears, had a SMART self-test run, so I ran a short-test which completed without error and that's in the included diagnostics. I've got a long test running and will post results when that finishes.

If anyone can tell me if this is starting to look terminal, I'd appreciate it.

nas-diagnostics-20210302-1301.zip

Edited by FreeMan

There's no emulation involved - every disk appears to be mounted just fine:

image.png.e257be7b90194ec5c776d283e27b5046.pngimage.png.533806bc8f341b7edad8e6f5165a82ac.png

Would you still recommend a disk rebuild, or just acknowledge the error and keep an eye on the disk? I'll probably make myself a reminder to do an extended parity check on it at least monthly, if not weekly.

Edited by FreeMan
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Yes sorry, sometimes I get the threads mixed up, just clear the errors and keep monitoring.

No worries! Just making sure. There's probably nothing critical on this disk, so it wouldn't be a crisis if I lost data, but I would rather avoid it, and I'm never afraid to double check.

Edited by FreeMan
  • Like 1
  • FreeMan changed the title to [Resolved] Array has 1 disk with errors