Started as Bad Gateway 502, now "FAILED TO LOAD LDLINUX.C32" AT BOOT

Today, I was unable to get into the GUI on my Unraid server. I have not updated to 6.9 yet. After reading forums, I decided to reboot. I had to use the power button because the system was froze and would not restart. At Reboot I get the FAILED TO LOAD LDLINUX.C32 error.

I have put my USB drive in Windows and it looks empty. Running chkdsk I get:

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
   30,028,448 KB total disk space.
           32 KB in 2 hidden files.
       16,688 KB in 4 files.
   30,011,712 KB are available.

16,384 bytes in each allocation unit.
    1,876,778 total allocation units on disk.
    1,875,732 allocation units available on disk.

Please Help!

I was able to identify the parity drive using the unmountable method. I added other drives to the array and it is rebuilding the array. I run CA backup, so hopefully I will find a config and my data won’t be gone. I found an old configuration from 2019 where I was having network problems. 

Edited by BigIron

A few questions for you:

1)  Did you have a root password set on the server before all of this happened?

2)  Was your server at all exposed to the Internet?

3)  Do you have any other users on your network locally that could have "done something" to the server (e.g. is this server on a network shared with other users you don't necessarily "trust" like a school LAN or something)?

In addition, it would be helpful if you could find a way to attach your system diagnostics.  If you cannot connect to the webGui because of the 502 error, you could try SSH.  Use Putty to create an SSH connection to your server, login with root, and when done, type "diagnostics" and press enter.  Then you can poweroff the server, remove the flash, and plug it into a mac/PC.  In the root of the flash you will find a diagnostics ZIP that you can then attach here for us to review.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, jonp said:

A few questions for you:

1)  Did you have a root password set on the server before all of this happened?

2)  Was your server at all exposed to the Internet?

3)  Do you have any other users on your network locally that could have "done something" to the server (e.g. is this server on a network shared with other users you don't necessarily "trust" like a school LAN or something)?

In addition, it would be helpful if you could find a way to attach your system diagnostics.  If you cannot connect to the webGui because of the 502 error, you could try SSH.  Use Putty to create an SSH connection to your server, login with root, and when done, type "diagnostics" and press enter.  Then you can poweroff the server, remove the flash, and plug it into a mac/PC.  In the root of the flash you will find a diagnostics ZIP that you can then attach here for us to review.

I appreciate the response. I have already begun the rebuild the best I can. I added a new zip drive, and put the drives back in the original order. Everything was empty.

Answers to your question.

1. No.

2. Remote access to Emby, Sonarr, Radarr, Nextcloud through ports.

3. No.

I can't get to system diagnostics as everything was deleted. The only things not deleted were some old unmounted unassigned drives that I used as temporary storage. Cache, Flash, and array was completely wiped.

On my network, I made changes to delete all forwarded ports. I isolated my IP Cameras to their own network through my EdgeRouter by assigning a physical port to that network. I am working on getting my IOT switches, thermostat, etc... on their own VLAN, but that has proven more difficult. 

I would like to be able to access Emby, Sonarr, Radarr, etc. remotely, but I am a little gun shy now. Any advice there?