just built server question on HDD

Hey guys so I just pretty much put together my first Unraid build except for the HDDs. Right now I am just using one 2tb drive and one 2tb parity drive. One of the 2tb drives I have has data on it can I use this or do I need to back it all up first??

Anything on it will be completely erased if you add it to the array, so back it up elsewhere if the data is important to you.

Hey guys so I just pretty much put together my first Unraid build except for the HDDs. Right now I am just using one 2tb drive and one 2tb parity drive. One of the 2tb drives I have has data on it can I use this or do I need to back it all up first??

Anything on it will be completely erased if you add it to the array, so back it up elsewhere if the data is important to you.

it is important! so i will do that... that is what I thought. Thank you guys

ok thank you and I am assuming that guide will still be fine ?

Yes, it still applies for the most part.

There is one extra thing I would do on the settings page.  There should be an "alignment setting" and it would be best if you set that to mbr 4K aligned if you are starting from scratch.

If I was following that guide where at would that come up?