Disabled drive during parity 2 sync

The other day I replaced my parity2 drive with a new 14TB drive. During the parity-sync process one of my data drives had write errors and was disabled. The disabled drive is 8TB and the parity1 drive is 8TB. The parity-sync process was less than 8TB in when the drive failed. From what I can tell in the syslog the failure occurred during the nightly mover process. I'm looking for some guidance an the best way to rebuild the failed drive and not lose any data.

Some questions:

1. The parity-sync continued after the drive failed and is ongoing. Since the parity1 drive was valid just before the swap of parity2 I'm assuming the disk that is disabled is being emulated to construct parity2. Is this assumption correct? Can I trust this parity-sync?

2. If the parity-sync result can be trusted, Is a reasonable process to get back to a good state to take the old parity2 drive and rebuild the disabled disk on it?

syslog.txt

Parity2 sync not completed but Parity1 should be valid.

Emulated Disk3 is mounted so that is good, SMART for Disk3 looks OK. Syslog seems to indicate a connection problem.

You could rebuild to the same Disk3, or you could keep that disk as is in case there is a problem during rebuild.

What we don't know is SMART for original Parity2 since it isn't attached in those Diagnostics.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

What we don't know is SMART for original Parity2 since it isn't attached in those Diagnostics.

The new parity2 drive is shucked from a WD easystore. The old parity2 was place in the easystore enclosure and connected to the system via USB3. My plan was to preclear that drive before adding it back to the array since it previously had errors. The SMART report for the old parity2 is available in the previously attached diagnostics zip under the WD_easystore name. I have attached it directly for convenience. 

WD_easystore_264D_5A38343051325A34-0-0-20210327-1824 (sdo).txt

Yes, I'm just letting the parity2 build complete since there's no point stopping it until I know it will be bad. There's about 8 hours left on the parity2 build/sync, with only the data past 8TB left to construct. If there's no reason not to trust the parity2 sync currently running then I'll rebuild disk3 on the old parity drive and then test the disabled disk3 to see if it was just a connection issue. Thanks.

Edited by mdumont1